[GPSCC-chat] trains

Leedobell leedobell at aol.com
Fri May 13 10:21:32 PDT 2011

I have been concerned about the floods back east because I plan to be traveling across the country by train soon, and I'm pretty sure that, if the tracks are under water for a week, the roadbed will be destroyed. I have contacted Amtrak and been told that they do not comment on "what ifs". I have contacted the news media and been told that coverage of the flood comes from CNN or Fox, and what they don't cover isn't being covered. Disruption of the trains and roads on the scale that could happen from this flooding would be catastrophic. Why isn't anybody paying attention? Any suggestions on how I could get hard coverage of this situation?
Caroline