[GPSCC-chat] HR 676 still lacks companion Senate Bill

Edward the_alliance47 at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 11:46:03 PDT 2011

http://99oh9.blogspot.com/2011/05/no-senate-equivalent.html

There is misleading news this week that Senator Sanders (I-VT) has introduced single-payer legislation in the United States Senate. S.915 (S.703 in the 111th Congress) should be more correctly described as 50-payer, because each state would have its own administrative organisation as well as an administrative organisation at the federal level. Also, this bill would only cover American citizens and documented immigrants, leaving millions of residents falling through the cracks.

The most feasible way to get single-payer at the moment is still to push California Senate Bill 810 through Sacramento. It's passed both chambers in the past and with a more sympathetic governor to this issue (albeit not outright supportive), we may see the bill finally pass next summer.