[GPSCC-chat] Santa Clara County Sustainable Communities

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Tue May 31 09:27:44 PDT 2011

Received this weekend.. Just getting a chance to clean up my inbox and
we should all know what is in the works.  Sorry for the short notice.
____

There is an upcoming event being put on for community leaders in Santa
Clara County to dive into the Sustainable Community Strategies/Plan Bay
Areathat I wanted to make sure you knew about. The details of the event
are below. We're hoping that the event attracts about 30 people who
represent broader groups of people who will in some way be impacted by
the SCS. For instance, we're hoping to attract people ranging all the
way from leaders in Service Employees International Union to leaders
amongst Gilroy and Morgan Hill's farmers. To date, most of our
registrants are residents of San Jose, and we'd like to see more
geographical and place-type variety amongst attendees.

_Santa Clara__County Community Leaders' Roundtable_

*What*: Engage your community in our region's future A significant
amount of housing and job growth and transportation investments are
expected for Santa Clara County and the rest of the Bay Area. How and
where we grow and invest will have major implications for community
health, environmental sustainability, economic vibrancy, and social
equity. Make sure the constituencies you represent and work with have a
voice. Attend the following meeting to:

·Learn more about the Sustainable Communities Strategy (SCS)/Plan Bay Area

·Take part in a conversation about what it means for your community

·Brainstorm ideas about how you and your networks can get involved

*When*: Wednesday, June 1, 6:00 to 8:30 p.m.

*Where*: Portable classroom, Peter Pan Avenue, Capitol Park, San Jose

*RSVP*: http://act.greenbelt.org/site/Calendar?id=100641&view=Detail
<http://act.greenbelt.org/site/Calendar?id=100641&view=Detail>

*For more information*: email or call Ellie Casson at
ecasson at greenbelt.org <mailto:ecasson at greenbelt.org> or 408-983-0539.

Hosted by: Greenbelt Alliance, Public Advocates, Sierra Club, Silicon
Valley Bicycle Coalition, Silicon Valley Leadership Group, TransForm,
Urban Habitat, Working Partnerships Food and refreshments provided

Cheers,

Erin

Erin McDaniel

South Santa Clara County Campaign Coordinator