[GPSCC-chat] toner for Canon 117 color laser cartridges?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Nov 4 10:39:42 PDT 2011

Hello, All:

       Does anyone have suggestions for low-cost color copies?

       More specifically, does anyone know a good source for toner for
Canon 117 color laser cartridges?

       I ask, because last night I got sticker shock with the new Canon
ImageCLASS MF8450c color laser printer telling me to prepare a new black
toner cartridge, and I didn't think I had printed anywhere near the
6,000 copies rated for that toner cartridge.  By calling Canon, I
learned that the 6,000 count was at 5% coverage, which is probably all
plain text -- and virtually everything I've  printed has probably had
more than that with things like an image of a credit card, the Green
party logo, photographs, etc.  I don't yet have enough information to
know, but it looks like a single sheet of paper printed on both sides
could be costing me 50 cents.

       I know the Green Party might be willing to reimburse me, but
before I ask for reimbursement at a rate like that, I thought I'd ask
what other suggestions people have.

       Thanks,
       Spencer

--