[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Adbusters seeks right of reply to New York Times

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 7 19:06:52 PST 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Adbusters seeks right of reply to New York Times
Date: 	Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:39:06 -0800
To: 	4043, ,0 <gerrygras at earthlink.net>

New York Times

     *Adbusters seeks right of reply from /New York Times/

<http://mondoweiss.net/2011/11/adbusters-seeks-right-of-reply-to-nyts-smear-of-anti-semitism-and-fails-to-get-it.html>//*

Hey you jammers, dreamers and truth-tellers out there,

In the wake of #OCCUPYWALLSTREET, the corporate media have tried
repeatedly to discredit the movement. We've been called every name in
the book, but the lowest blow has come from the /New York Times/ who
have twice taken a nasty swipe at /Adbusters/. Now, they refuse to print
the truth.

Go to /Mondoweiss/
<http://mondoweiss.net/2011/11/adbusters-seeks-right-of-reply-to-nyts-smear-of-anti-semitism-and-fails-to-get-it.html>

and check the fight we're having to exercise our right of reply.

And if you feel outraged by the /Times/' refusal to run our full letter
then shout it, tweet it, and give it the rounds. Perhaps Executive
Editor Jill Abramson
<https://myaccount.nytimes.com/membercenter/emailus.html> might be
swayed by a few emails telling her that it would be grossly unfair and
against all journalistic standards for the /New York Times/ to deny
/Adbusters/ adequate right of reply. Be creative … do whatever you can
to put some pressure on them to do the right thing.

It seems the real story here is that /Adbusters/ has upset the
pro-Israel and anti-Palestine bias
<http://www.adbusters.org/magazine/97/new-york-times-bias.html> that has
marred the /New York Times/ over many years in some of its editorials,
columns and especially with the reporting by Isabel Kershner and the
/Times/' Jerusalem bureau chief Ethan Bronner. Ms. Kershner and Mr.
Bronner – who has a son who served in the Israeli army – both have deep
ties to the Israel of today. Their often ahistorical, context-free
reporting is partly to blame for what /Adbusters/ has called "the United
States of Amnesia."

A cultural shift is in order at one of the great newspapers of the world
… and that just might start with them agreeing to print our letter.

for the wild,

Culture Jammers HQ

       *The Big Ideas of 2012 Hits Newsstands Worldwide Next Week*

Adbusters 99 Cover <http://www.adbusters.org/support_subscribe>

Do you want to get a few copies of the year-end issue of Adbusters sent
to the OCCUPY library in your city free of charge? Email
Nicole at adbusters.org to arrange it.

Subscribe now to ensure that you don't miss out. Subscribe online at
adbusters.org/subscribe <http://www.adbusters.org/support_subscribe> or
give us a call at 1-800-663-1243 and ask for Nicole.

Adbusters Media Foundation <http://www.adbusters.org/>

<clip>