[GPSCC-chat] additional info re pending report

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 14 08:50:13 PST 2011

Here is more on an item I wish to report on at our next meeting, Thursday.

*ON AIR: Beware the Emergency Fiscal Manager
*

A cautionary tale from Benton Harbor, Michigan

Rev. Edward Pinkney tells a gathering at Silicon Valley DeBug,
"My city was taken over by a dictator."

 Michigan's Public Act 4 allows the state to send a non-elected appointee
to take over a city, displacing the mayor and other officials.

Pinkney traces the action to a struggle over lakefront land coveted by
Whirlpool Corporation for commercial development. He warns,
"The Emergency Financial Manager is coming to your town!"

Our show airs on Comcast Channel 15 in San Jose and Campbell
 every Tuesday at 8pm.