[GPSCC-chat] Minutes of November Green meeting

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Mon Nov 21 19:52:35 PST 2011

In case you want to reconcile this with the agenda, we moved a lot of things
around and tabled Valerie's item because she wasn't there.

7:00 Social time and one minute speeches.
Jim Doyle did a speech on immigration and said we need to develop a handout with
the Green Party's stand on immigration in English and Spanish, and that we
should distribute it, rather than just handing it to people when we are tabling.
There is a website that will translate, and we have access to people at the
Peace Center who can make sure it says what we want to say.

7:30  Begin meeting
     Facilitator: Tian
     Note taker: Caroline
     Time keeper: Merriam
     Vibes: Fred
     Agenda  for December: Caroline

     Introductions and announcements: Tian, Spencer, Ricardo Caballera, Jim
Doyle, Warner, John  Thielking--peacemovies.com and stop internet piracy,
Merriam, Caroline, Fred, Chuck Loucks.

Bank actions--Merriam    Our two previous bank actions have been very
successful. We will have another action on November 26 on Market across from
Christmas in the Park, from 11:00-1:00. Merriam, John, Caroline, Tian, Spencer,
and Fred will work on it. Spencer will make a lot of new literature.

Occupy--ask Merriam

December meeting will be on the 15th, and we will party. Movie Night for
November had good attendance and great food.. December Movie Night will be on
the 9th and we will show "The Mouse That Roared." Tian will post these on the
website and Peace Center calendar.

Tablers for Junior State--Tian, Caroline and John.(Jim Doyle came, also. We made
almost $60 due in large part to letting the kids make their own buttons.) John's
lists of non-violent movies went very well.

Holiday Peace Fair--John will help, bring his peace movie flier. Caroline will
bring the stuff, set up, and call Drew to see if he will help. We still need
someone to make a dessert and to work the dessert table, so, if you want to do
that, let Caroline know (408)530-0118.

Prepare event for Jill Stein--Monday, November 28, at Fred's clubhouse. 7:00. We
will ask Gerry to introduce her. We need a flier, and we need to get the word
out as fast as possible, because we have so little lead time. We are bringing
food.

Report RE Registrar of Voters--Jim Doyle--We can have names of seven candidates
on each signature sheet. In February we will do signature gathering. We need
candidates. People have resisted being on the council because of not wanting to
do another meeting a month, but now we do our council meetings during the
regular meetings and on the phone, so it should be easier to get candidates. Jim
Doyle will put out an email to the general list asking people to be candidates.

Proposal to endorse SAFE tabled until next meeting.

Creative protests--Jim Doyle regaled us with tales of fun and successful
protests, including someone who superglued himself to the Prime Minister.

Plenary--Tian, Merriam, and Warner will be our delegates (Jim Stauffer may as
well). Tian will send in the names. Warner went through the agenda items to see
if there were any items we had problems with. Warner's item was to let people
get money before the primary. Jarod Laiti is now our __________?
Four of the at-large delegates need to be elected.

Treasurer's report--Jim Doyle--in keeping with our banking actions, we are
moving our money to Provident Credit Union. Warner will be our second signatory.
Merriam and Tian will sign a letter to the credit union. Jim Doyle will write
it.