[GPSCC-chat] Congressional Support for Occupy Wall Street

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 7 13:08:41 PDT 2011

"The Politics of ‘Occupy Wall Street’: Sanders and
Progressives Endorse, Ron Paul Sympathetic, Obama Silent"

"The “Occupy Wall Street” movement’s political breakthrough came
Wednesday as leaders of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and the
Congressional Black Caucus joined Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., in
endorsing the burgeoning national challenge to corporate greed and
corrupt politics."

"Not surprisingly, it was Sanders who offered the most full-throated
support of the movement. At the Campaign for America’s Future “Take Back
America” conference, he declared: “We have the ‘crooks’ on Wall Street,
and I use that word advisedly — don’t misquote me, the word is ‘crooks’
— whose greed, whose recklessness, whose illegal behavior caused this
terrible recession with so much suffering. We believe in this country;
we love this country; and we will be damned if we’re going to see a
handful of robber barons control the future of this country.”"

and more at

Gerry