[GPSCC-chat] "‘Bank Transfer Day’ Causes Credit Union Buzz"

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Oct 10 14:58:43 PDT 2011

Hello, All:

       If any of you get a chance, I suggest you forward the link to the
"Bank Transfer Day" article to anyone you know along with a link to the
"No Credit Card Debt" trifold on the resources page of our web site
(www.cagreens.org/sclara/resources
<http://www.cagreens.org/sclara/resources/>).  I recently updated this
in two ways:

             1.  Adding a plot of US Census data showing the evolution
of income inequality in the US since 1947 (steady to 1970, widening
since;  deleting the list of local credit unions to make space).

              2.  Moving "How to Change Checking Accounts" from the back
to the front.  This was requested by someone with Occupy San Jose.

       The "Bank Transfer Day" article says that this message has gone
viral on Twitter.  The date is Nov. 5, which Gerry noted was Guy Fawkes
day (Wikipedia, "Guy Fawkes").  I plan to join Twitter, but not today.

       Comments?
       Spencer

On 10/10/2011 2:23 PM, Gerry Gras wrote:

> FYI,
>
> "‘Bank Transfer Day’ Causes Credit Union Buzz"
>     http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/10/10-9
>
> Apparently the credit unions are paying attention to
> the movement to transfer money on "Bank Transfer Day",
> November 5th.  NOTE: November 5th is Guy Fawkes Day.
>
> Gerry

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.