[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Re: [gpsmc-d] Is It Immoral to Vote for Obama?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Oct 17 07:22:19 PDT 2011

       During Obama's first two years, he had Democratic majorities in
both the House and the Senate.  During that period, he expanded the war
from Irak and Afghanistan into Pakistan.  He failed to close
Guantanamo.  He continued and perhaps expanded the use of torture and
extraordinary renditions.  His selected arch right wingers as economic
advisers and happily used the economic crisis as an excuse for more
welfare for the banks without any serious move towards reregulation or
prosecuting those guilty of conspiring to commit fraud in encouraging
thousands and probably millions of people to purger themselves on loan
applications, then confiscating their homes in fraudulent ways when they
didn't make their loan payments.

       You are correct that he did not have an army of people in the
streets like Occupy Wall Street or the Bonus Army of 1932 and 1933
actively pushing the Democrats to actually pass legislation.  Instead,
they invented the need for a super majority in the Senate so they
wouldn't have to be bothered at all with right wing filibusters.  This
gave them an excuse to continue clandestinely serving the big money
while complaining the "couldn't" pass legislation.  If the Occupy
movement had started in 2008, the history of the past 3 years could have
been different.

       Spencer

On 10/16/2011 3:34 PM, Paul Engstrom wrote:
> We need more discussions on electing better Congresspeople and
> supporting progressive caucus in Congress.
> If Obama had a strong progressive congress he would very likely bend
> to their power. He compromises to the strongest winds.
> More power to "occupy wall street movements" may their power and
> education of everyone--, everywhere increase!!
>
> Paul
> Los Altos,CA
>
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Gerry Gras <gerrygras at earthlink.net
> <mailto:gerrygras at earthlink.net>> wrote: