[GPSCC-chat] Tax the Rich Banner

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 00:03:44 PDT 2011

  And if you cliick to enlarge and look on the sidewalk opposite the left leg of the
"W" you'll see my 14' tall representation of the 9/11 Commission report full
of holes.

   I think "Tax the Rich" is vulnerable to the counterargument that this would
be of little practical value.  I'd like to see a transaction tax graduated for the
magnitude of the transactions--so that when speculators buy and sell
huge quantities of securities to profit from (possibly manufactured) blips in
the market, they face confiscatory taxes.

   Back in July Dr. Sharat Lin gave a lecture at SJPJC challenging the myth
that speculators stabilize the markets.  As I recall he showed that speculation
actually exaggerates market blips.