[GPSCC-chat] Request for Agenda Items for October 27 Meeting

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 21:17:59 PDT 2011

   I'd like to add a request for consideration of endorsement by GPSCC of the
California Disclose Act, an act that will come up in January in the CA legislature
which provides that political ads must honestly and transparently disclose who
their top funders are.

   No more "Paid for by California Consortium for Fairness and Lower Taxes" BS.
The actual corporate sponsors would have to reveal themselves on newspaper,
TV, and radio ads.

  I may not be able to make the 10/27 meeting myself. Gerry is fairly conversant
in the Disclose act.  Here's more information, so if I can't make it maybe somebody
else can run it forward:   http://www.caclean.org/