[GPSCC-chat] Occupy San Jose IN JAIL starting 3:00 am Friday morning

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Oct 21 08:39:07 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Occupy San Jose Busted 3:00 am Friday morning
Date: 	Fri, 21 Oct 2011 08:20:19 -0700
From: 	Richard Hobbs <richhobbs at msn.com>
To: 	<Undisclosed-Recipient:;>

----- Original Message -----
*From:* Daniel Mayfield <mailto:Dan at carpenterandmayfield.com>
*Sent:* Friday, October 21, 2011 6:41 AM
*Subject:* [SBM] Occupy San Jose Busted 3:00 am Friday morning

See the below note from Tom on the OSJ legal team

At 3 am 8 police officers (on overtime?) and 5 police cars arrested and
transported to county jail the protestors outside city hall in San Jose

One person in a wheel chair was cited and released the others were all
taken to jail in apparent violation of PC 853.6(i)

More importantly all of their belongings were taken by the Police.
  Because of cut backs the SJPD property room is not open until Tuesday

IF the individuals taken to the jail are not released from the jail (
and the DOC does a better job on releasing felons than they do for those
in on a misdemeanor) the they will have to stay in custody until at
least Monday and probably Tuesday.

This was clearly a coordinated well thought out plan.  The day was
picked (Friday morning) on purpose and the confiscation of the food ,
money , tents, was no accident.

Please remember that the city has on at least two other occasions
allowed people to "occupy" the city plaza area where they have been in
agreement with the content of the protestors speech.  Here since the
city was threatened by the content of the speech the city has chosen to
selectively enforce the ordinance.

theordinance itself is probably unconstitutional because it does not
contain a process for granting a waiver of the fees associated with free
speech rights

PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS MESSAGE -- NOTE THIS IS NOT JUST BEING SENT TO
LAWYERS.  MEDIA AND OTHER INTERESTED PEOPLE ARE INCLUDED.  HENCE IT IS
NOT A SECURE LIST.  LAWYERS INTERESTED IN WORKING ON THE CASE CONTACT ME
OR THE OSJ LEGAL TEAM AT MY OFFICE

Daniel M Mayfield
Carpenter and Mayfield
Phone (408) 287-1916.  Fax (408) 287-9857

This message is for the intended recipient only.  It is from the law
offices of CARPENTER AND MAYFIELD.  Any interception, detection,
infection, inspection, hoodoo, voodoo, sneak and peak, or any other
unethical or unconstitutional spying on the part of the U.S. Department
of Justice, Homeland Security, FBI, CIA, NSA, or any other alphabet
agency, is strictly prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted, punished,
and publicized.  If you have received this email in error please destroy
it and let me know of my mistake.

Thank you for your cooperation

Begin forwarded message: