[GPSCC-chat] you tube on web site

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sat Sep 3 21:24:10 PDT 2011

       The web address you gave contains 8 interviews on "The Green
Sofa" with leading German Green politicians. (a)  The interviews average
15 minutes, total 2 hours.

       I think we could benefit a lot from producing YouTube segments,
but I don't know that we have enough high-profile Greens to find much of
an audience for hours of 15-minute interviews.

       I think we might communicate more by saying less:  I'm gradually
developing some experience in producing short videos, e.g., for YouTube,
consisting of slide shows with narrative.  Then we can promote them via
a presence on Twitter and maybe Facebook.  My first video was 2 minutes
and has generated 280 views on YouTube since April 16.  ("Proposed:
International Center For Monitoring Conflict Evolution", which some of
you have seen.)  My second video will be 5 minutes (for my business).

       However, before we can do more with this, I think we should get
our web site to support blogging from people who haven't spend half
their lives with computers.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

(a) There is a Wiki page for each of the 8 politicians interviewed;
some but not all have both English and German language Wiki pages.

p.s.  The modern German Green party is a union of "Alliance 90" of 3
East German non-communist parties with the earlier German Greens.