[GPSCC-chat] one minute speeches in San Francisco

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 27 14:43:43 PDT 2011

My original notice

*Here is an example of a situation in which our one minute
speeches could be used.

Hello Fellow Greens,Please come to October2011.org inSan Francisco on
October 6th at 3PMUS Federal Bldg (7th&  Mission)Please choose a
speaker to address the assemblyat 4PM from among the county
councils.Jeffrey in san bruno

Who wants to speak at this event?
*
did not have full information at the time as to requested topics
nor did I lay out my reasoning which would have been

here is an opportunity to put to work the practice
we have had with one minute speeches.

For this event one or more of us could prepare a speech -
one which need not be limited to one minute - on one of the
proposed  topics:

END THE WARS,
TAX THE RICH,
CARE FOR THE PEOPLE and
PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT.

 From the later notification:

There will be speakers on each of these four topics
and an open mic for people to speak up. This event is
being put on by the newly forming 99% Coalition.

It would be great to have some Greens involved. We are
seeking speakers.

Oct. 6 2011, 3 to 6 pm at 7th and Mission St in San Francisco.
Plan to attend, it s a short couple of blocks from Bart Embarcadero.
-------

So, in my opinion, this is a wonderful opportunity for
some Greens to speak to a presumably larger gathering.