[GPSCC-chat] PLEASE JOIN US GOOD FRIDAY AT LOCKHEED MARTIN

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:33:17 PDT 2012

Each of the current 14 Ohio class submarines may be armed with 24 Trident missiles.  Each of these missiles is capable of carrying 8 W88 warheads.  Each of these warheads has about 21 times the explosive power as the weapon dropped on Nagasaki.  These weapons have first strike capacity.
 (Britain has 4 Vanguard-class submarines that also carry Tridents.)

Lockheed Martin is the Trident's prime contractor.  It also is involved in weapon design through its management of Sandia Labs as well as in arming, through its co-management of Pantex.

Lockheed Martin is close to our homes--in nearby Sunnyvale.  In 2008, taxpaying families paid an AVERAGE $260 to LM, which is the world's largest arms maker and exporter.  Our imaginations can only begin to list constructive ways ithis money could be-- and should have been-- used.

PLEASE JOIN US ON GOOD FRIDAY IN A NON-VIOLENT WITNESS AGAINST THIS MILITARY/INDUSTRIAL BEHEMOTH

!0:30 at Java and Mathilda in Sunnyvale.  There will be a  march to this location after gathering at 10:00 at the head of the Ridge Trail adjacent to the pollution control plant parking lot at Caribbean and Borregas.

> Every gun that is made, every warship
 launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
> This world in arms in not spending money alone.
> It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
> The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities.
> It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population.
> It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals.
> It is some 50 miles of concrete highway.
> We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat.
> We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people.
> This, I repeat, is the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking.
> This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is
 humanity hanging from a cross of iron.
                President Eisenhower, 1953