[GPSCC-chat] Carol Brouillet Party at Fred's clubhouse Saturday afternoon!

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Fri Apr 27 16:50:08 PDT 2012

Come on down! Starts around 3:00 PM, ends at 10 PMish.
Where: Willow Park Condo Condo clubhouse, 500 W Middlefield Rd.,
Mountain View, CA 94042

There will be music, food, great speakers, lots of educational and
campaign materials, including the new Election Dollars, Greenbacks, and
Perception Dollars which we will be giving away. This is a community
building event. "Community" literally means the free exchange of...
gifts, and Carol has advocated for nearly two decades moving away from a
debt based monetary system towards a gift economy.

A third of the district used to be outside of the old District 14, where
Anna Eshoo has been the incumbent for twenty years. Under the new law,
all state and federal candidates of all parties will run against one
another in the primary on June 5th, with only the top two, advancing to
the November ballot. It is a blatant attempt to silence third party
voices, and increase big money's influence over our choice of candidates.

Carol has been an activist/organizer for two decades, exposing the truth
about the effects of low-level nuclear radiation, confronting our global
US military and security apparatus, rallying to protect human rights.
She has pushed for holding officials accountable, monetary reform,
reining in corporate power, and has lead the public charge to question
the official narrative of 9/11, the foundation of imperial wars and
onslaughts upon our rights, the Constitution, and the assault upon our
economic system, escalating the plunder by the few of the many. The
dollars she has published and distributed widely have helped nurture the
growing movements for truth, peace, justice and social change.

Join the campaign, come to the party, support this grassroots effort to
get a Green option in the November election! With support from the
community, we can make a difference.

Guest speakers include:

*Cindy Sheehan; mother, activist, author, host of The Soapbox Radio Show
*Maria Gilardin; artist, activist, producer of T.U.C. (Time of Useful
Consciousness) Radio
*Dr. Peter Phillips; President of Media Freedom International, past
director of Project Censored, author, host of the Morning Mix with
Project Censored Radio Show
*Ken Jenkins, Co-founder of the Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance,
filmmaker, he produced 9/11 – The Myth and the Reality with David Ray
Griffin, and 9/11: Blueprint for Truth.
*Richard Gage, AIA; Architect and founder of Architects and Engineers
for 9/11 Truth
*Mary Ann Thomas; mother, activist, member of World Can't Wait
*MaryBeth Brangan & Jim Heddle, Ecological Options Network
*Dr. Paul Rea, author of Mounting Evidence- Why We Need a New
Investigation of 9/11
*Jay Cabrera, activist with the Occupy Movement, congressional candidate
in District 19

Musicians include:
* Vic Sadot, the Truth Troubadour,
* Rebecca Cross, (Rebecca created the original theme music for the
Community Currency Radio Show)
* Jeremy Goodfeather, (Jeremy performed The Truth About It at the 2009
9/11 Truth Film Festival.)
*Brian Wallace, Brian is a vocalist and multi-instrumentalist, composer,
poet, entertainer and media artist

We also will have yard signs, bumper stickers, buttons, volunteer
opportunities. We need to recruit more canvassers. In addition to
doorhangars, literature, for walking the precincts, the new "Election
Dollars," and the new "Greenbacks." We will also be distributing the new
Perception Dollars. We hope to revitalize the Greens in the District,
register more Green Voters. So many people have given up on the
electoral process, a mere fraction actually votes. The small percentage
that does vote determines the outcome of elections (well those elections
which haven't been stolen). Apathy, cynicism allows incumbents an easy
win; engagement, participation, awareness, a genuine alternative is our
best hope for real change. Movements generally force policy change, but
they do encounter much resistance.

The Green Party does not accept corporate money and provides a needed
option to the two pro-corporate, pro-war parties. The slogan of our
campaign is "Occupy Congress," be a part of the effort; we can be the
change we wish to see.

Visit Carol4Congress.org to learn more about the campaign.
--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org