[GPSCC-chat] change.org petition against the UK threats against Ecuador

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Aug 16 09:26:48 PDT 2012

Hi, John, et al.:

       Thanks for the update, John.  It sounds like this is still a live
issue and action via change.org and otherwise could have an impact.

       If you have not yet signed onto the petition at change.org (see
below), I encourage you to do so.

       Also, I found a phone number for the British Consulate in San
Francisco:  (415) 617 1300.  I selected option 4 then 1.  I got a human
and expressed my concern about the British threats on Ecuadorian
sovereign territory and about their actions against Assange, whose crime
appears to have been to share with the public information that was
illegally kept as government secrets.  He said, "OK.  I'll pass on your
comments about that."  I should have asked a question but didn't.  If
anyone does, please let us know.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

On 8/16/2012 8:36 AM, John Thielking wrote:
> Ecuador has granted Assange asylum.  The UK has not yet stormed the
> Ecuadorian embassy in London.  Tune in to www.rt.com
> <http://www.rt.com> for regular updates (more reliable than the live
> streams by Occupy that are no longer live this AM.)
>
> --- On *Thu, 8/16/12, Spencer Graves /<spencer.graves at prodsyse.com>/*
> wrote:
>

>     From: Spencer Graves <spencer.graves at prodsyse.com>
>     Subject: [GPSCC-chat] change.org petition against the UK threats
>     against Ecuador
>     To: "GPSCC" <sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org>
>     Date: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 4:26 AM
>
>     Hello, All:
>

>           You may know that the UK has threatened to invade the
>     Ecuadorian embassy to capture Julian Assange in violation of
>     international law that says that any nation's embassy is part of
>     its sovereign territory.  This means that these threats by the UK
>     constitute acts of war.
>

>           Please sign my campaign on change.org to oppose this and
>     other illegal claims of government secrecy that threaten world
>     peace and democracy:
>     https://www.change.org/petitions/david-cameron-prime-minister-united-kingdom-stop-threatening-ecuador-and-illegal-claims-of-government-secrecy?share_id=VRVWUvhCTt&utm_campaign=mailto_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition
>

>           Thanks,
>           Spencer

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer