[GPSCC-chat] change.org petition against the UK threats against Ecuador

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 16 10:33:54 PDT 2012

Last night I tried sending an email to
     publiccorrespondence at cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk
and got back a message that the mailbox is full.
Then I tried the form at
     http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/ministerial-feedback-form
and got "We are currently experiencing technical problems
with FCO websites."

I tried again this morning.  Same result with the email
address.  Success with the web page, but who knows when
they will look at it.

I also tried to contact the Ecuadorean government.  I
could not find a valid email address.  I tried finding
an email address for the Ecuadorean Embassy in Washington.
I found email addresses for the Embassy and for the
Consulate in Washington.  I sent an email to the
Consulate but it bounced, "Unrouteable address",
(permanent error).

Because I could not get through to the UK government
last night, I tried sending an email to a journalist
at the UK Guardian.  I first tried his email at the
Guardian, but it bounced.  I then tried his hotmail
email address, and I have not received a bounce
message.

I also tried to contact the U.S. State Department.
I found a 2 step process that appears to work:

- go to http://contact-us.state.gov/app/answers/list
- click on "E-mail a question or comment"

Gerry