[GPSCC-chat] love and elections

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 17 14:01:13 PDT 2012

Another comment from the author of
Third Parties Win by Losing

In the next election, it looks like,
we’ll be voting the way we have most of our lives.

That means we’ll be casting our ballots against the worst of them
instead of in favor of the best.

We remember the sweet, heady days of 2008, the cars honking
on the road, the champagne bottles popping, and remind each other
that we were once in love and it can happen again.

The current heartthrobs can restore our faith quickly by acting in our
best middle-class interests instead of in favor of the big corporations.

We’re at a tipping point, and we’re just waiting for the right smile from
the right Casanova.