[GPSCC-chat] Some Heresy

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 20:37:45 PDT 2012

The (New) 18th Congressional District race went about as expected--Eshoo 2/3, the Republican 1/3
and the other candidates negligible.

Except Eshoo is down toward 60% now, Chapman (R) is under 30%, and the two "other" candidates,
Brouillet (G) and Biill Parks (D), got 8.7 % between them--4.1% and 4.6% respectively.

Brouillet spent $16,000, and Parks spent $1000.  This suggests to me that there is a critical mass that
is willing to vote for any Democrat other than the incumbent, and that we might do well to consider
that running our candidates as dissident Democrats in early-stage campaigns to achieve name recognition
and a support base until they become viable, and then having them flip to Green when they get
positioned for a win may be the best strategy.

The downside of course is that successful dissidents may be seduced by the Dems by the time they
get viable.