[GPSCC-chat] Jill Stein discussion on Facebook

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 19:39:54 PDT 2012

www.facebook.com/groups/RevolutionaryTendency/ is having a discussion about Jill Stein.  Steven Argue and others are taking the position that Jill Stein is a capitalist/pro war candidate.  They make an interesting point when they point to a policy statement on her web site that advocates imposing trade sanctions on all countries that don't comply with human rights goals within 60-120 days after Stein takes office.  That statement is located here:

http://www.jillstein.org/palestine_israel_statement . I agree with Steven Argue that trade sanctions are an act of war and a form of violence. If Stein is really going to be even handed with her trade sanctions policy, then she should also cut off trade with Arizona, Michigan and California as well as Bahrain and Israel. Any comments?

I'm a member of the RT Facebook group, but I'm not sure how to get others to join the discussion group or if it is even visible to nonmembers.  Possibly clicking on the tiny sun symbol in the upper right of the page will bring up a menu that allows you to join the group.  Good luck and happy reading (or not).  Let me know if you successfully join the group.

John Thielking