[GPSCC-chat] [occupy-san-jose:5300] Fwd: Reclassify marijuana as an unscheduled substance

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Dec 17 18:55:21 PST 2012

Hello, All:

	  Tom Higgins (Occupy San José Legal) initiated a petition on
whitehouse.gov to "to take marijuana off of the DEA drug schedule";  see
below.  I was number 23 or 24 signing Tom's petition.  It has a goal of
25,000 signatures by January 10, 2013.

	  There are, however, other similar marijuana petitions on
"whitehouse.gov".  I clicked, "Open Petitions" and "Search" for
"marijuana". This gave me 9.  In decreasing order of the number of
signatures, these are as follows:

* Remove marijuana from the federal Controlled Substance Act and allow
the states to decide how they want to regulate it.  71,681 Signatures

*  Support a law protecting states' rights to legalize, regulate and tax
marijuana like alcohol.  40,598  Signatures

* Federally Legalize Marijuana  35,736  Signatures

* Grant a full pardon to Chris Williams, a man facing 80 years in prison
for legally growing Medical Marijuana  27,126  Signatures

* Tell VP Biden to end his war on marijuana users and to respect the
people of Colorado and Washington.  11,705  Signatures

* Treat marijuana like alcohol throughout the US by enacting HR 2306:
"Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011."  8,244 Signatures

* Relieve Five Elderly Federal Prisoners From Life Without Parole
Sentences For Marijuana.  5,874  Signatures

* Legalize marijuana for recreational use in the state of Ohio. 2,895
Signatures

* Grant a full pardon to Jeremy and Gerald Duval for legally growing
Medical Marijuana  2,532  Signatures

       I signed them all.

       Spencer

--