[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: SJPJC-Board Silicon Valley Reads

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Fri Dec 21 12:34:16 PST 2012

Hello, All:

AGENDA ITEM FOR DECEMBER 27:  Might the Green Party wish to be listed as
a "Community Partner" of "Silicon Valley Reads"?

        They want an answer by January 1.  It doesn't look like this
would commit us to anything other than having our name associated with
the project;  see below.

        I checked the web link below.  Each year since 2003, they've
selected one or more books to push.  I read the summaries for some but
not all of the selections.  All that I saw seemed to promote cross
cultural understanding from two girls, one black one white, sitting on
the fence that separates their worlds to letters written home by an
author's father during World War II, one of which contained a Japanese
Flag he had taken from soldier killed in combat -- then later regretting
he had mailed it home.

        I vote "yes".  If we agree Dec. 27, I will notify Charlotte.

        Thanks,
        Spencer