[GPSCC-chat] critical mass

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Sun Dec 23 14:32:24 PST 2012

On 12/23/2012 01:57 PM, Jim Doyle wrote:
> One of the postings discussing committees in the context of
> shorter meetings ended with
> "...until we reach a critical mass on committees.?"
>
> What is being done to reach that critical mass?

Part of it is having a shared mission and the volunteer energy to make
it happen.
Volunteers that want to make something happen are key to achieving
critical mass.

> What else can be done?
>
> In which time frame?

Ummm... San Jose Bike Party currently has critical mass. If you show up
at my party and talk to
them maybe you'll get a better feel for what critical mass looks/feels
like.

Of course that assumes you don't buzzkill them with a boring meeting
instead of a holiday
party.... Looking at that agenda that John posted I'm feeling nervous
about that!

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org