[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Re: [gpca-votes] Discuss: ID 12 - GPCA State Leg islative Demands 2012

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Dec 27 08:33:26 PST 2012

Hi, Valerie, Drew, et al.:

On 12/26/2012 10:46 PM, Valerie D. Face wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Regarding the issue of the use of time at monthly meetings, I like John's suggestion, "...make use of our one free event per month allowed at the Peace Center (in addition to our GA meeting) and have a potluck or something of general interest go on at that time," better than pushing most business back into the last hour of the business meeting.
>
> We did have a monthly movie night for a while, but public interest and interest in organizing it waned, so perhaps we could replace it with something else.  Or, if we don't have enough volunteers to make it happen once a month, perhaps once a quarter, or something like that.  For my part, I'm willing to make calls to registered Greens to publicize any events we have, whether they happen monthly or just every now and then.

       I'm for this.  Drew has said there is software to help us track
set up for us, write procedures, etc.  Jim Doyle and I have a recent
version of the database from the Santa Clara County Registrar of
Voters.  I can help with this effort, but I'm not willing to take the lead.

       Spencer

> Best wishes,
> Valerie
>

> ~*~*~*~
> "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
>      - from "The Summer Day" by Mary Oliver
>        http://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/133.html
>

> Please note: message attached

> Woman is 57 But Looks 27
> Mom publishes simple facelift trick that angered doctors...
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/50dbeefcddbdd6efc652dst02vuc
>

> We could discuss this in more detail at the January meeting.  Personally, I think we should be happy that our GA meetings as they are only go on for 2 hours.  Take a look at your average city council meeting for an example of what we really want to avoid. If we could find enough people to form committees of suficient size (a committee of one person is not a committee in my opinion) then I could see breaking the work up into smaller committees such as Move To Amend does.  But I don't see that happening just yet. It is a bit of a catch 22 I know. Also, as the committees grow to sufficient size to function on their own, they will have more stuff to report and the GA meeting might still end up being 2 hours long anyway. I would continue my earlier suggestion that we make use of our one free event per month allowed at the Peace Center (in addition to our GA meeting) and have a potluck or something of general interest go on at that time. We should
>   keep the GA meetings as they are (ie have both an as usual GA meeting and committees) until we reach a critical mass on committees.
>
> John Thielking

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.