[GPSCC-chat] someone to prepare agenda for Thursday?

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Thu Feb 23 05:32:32 PST 2012

On 2/19/2012 2:18 AM, Tian Harter wrote:
> That would be me. Please post items for the agenda here.
>
> Tian

Tien... and all,
I think that at some point we need to have a discussion as to how we
might better use local media to enhance to image, reach, membership of
the Green Party here in Santa Clara County.

Some thoughts:

1. in almost every case where I have seen effective use of MSM, someone
has taken the time to cultivate a relationship with the editors,
writers, etc.  In 2006, it worked for me to get to know the editor of
the Tracy Press, home town newspaper for then Representative Richard
Pombo, and of Hank Shaw... then Sacramento Bureau Chief for Stockton
Record.
2. staging events helps, as long as the media knows about them in
advance.  Refer to item 1 for the best way to accomplish that.
3.  regarding point 2, you don't get as much attention by participating
in someone else's event as you do when being the organizer.
4.  do we really believe that young people utilize new media (social
networking, smart phones, aps, etc.) more than before.  If so, what do
we do to participate?