[GPSCC-chat] meeting

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 09:28:19 PST 2012

I don't think we had an official note taker at the meeting.  Here is a copy of the agenda and what I remember from the meeting:

Green Party of Santa Clara County
Proposed Agenda for Thursday Feb 23, 2012

Selection of Facilitator, Note Taker, Timekeeper, Vibes Watcher 8 min

Introductions, Announcements, Finalizing Agenda   12 min

Selection of Agenda Preparer for next meeting (Warner)  3 min

Treasurer's report (treasurer not present)  1 min

Tabling Literature --inventory, event specific, contemporary (tablers not present) 5 min

Tabling Events   10 min

Carol Brouillet for Congress campaign 5 min

Candidates for County Council  5 min

Possible upcoming tabling or demonstrating opportunities

Additional agenda items:
Movie night
Anti-ACTA European Demonstrations endorsement

Unofficial Minutes:

As I recall, there were only 3 official Green Party members present at the beginning of the meeting:  Tian Harter, John Thielking and Warner.  There were also two Santa Clara University students who were there as part of their class project/assignment.  Later on, Carol Brouillet and her son showed up, making a total of 5 Green Party members present.  Also, 4 or 5 more SCU students showed up.

We did not do a treasurer's report as the treasurer was not present.  We also did not go over what lit was available as the tablers were not present.  Warner did point out that there are some tabling opportunities over the next few months.  What those were, I don't recall.

Warner also gave a report back about a plenary that he went to a couple of weeks ago.  Nothing earth shattering came out of that.

At the point where we had 5 Green Party people present, we passed a motion to endorse the Feb 25, 2012 anti-ACTA protests happening all across Europe, that are listed on the accessnow.org web site.  Warner stood asside with his concern that the endorsement was being rushed through at the last minute with only a small number of people present at the meeting. We also decided that Movie Night for March 9, 2012 would be a double feature, with both The Billionaires' Tea Party (1 hour long) and Hidden Internment: The Art Shibayama Story (30 min long) being shown.

[After the meeting I was able to contact Grace from Campaign For Justice (510-459-7288)and she said that she may be able to have someone loan her a car so she can drive down from Berkeley and give a presentation after the showing of Hidden Internment, possibly to include the presence of the real, live Mr. Art Shibayama.  I told her that I would give her $20 out of my own pocket for gas money.  It might be better if someone with a car would volunteer to drive her and Art to and from Berkeley, as her arangement strategy for someone loaning her a car seems a bit sketchy?]

Carol Brouillet gave her campaign speech and asked for support gathering signatures for her to get on the ballot running against Anna Eschoo in Palo Alto. She will be submitting a few hundred signatures and paying a partial fee in leiu of gathering all 3000 signatures that would be required to get on the ballot for free.  She still has a couple of weeks left to get on the ballot.

Carol brought some food (apple crisp, cookies and bread rolls).

End.