[GPSCC-chat] I Now Have 2 Community Pages On Facebook

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 09:29:20 PST 2012

Below is the complete draft amendment that I am proposing.  Sections 2 is identical to and Section 3 is almost identical to the MTA amendment, located here: http://movetoamend.org/amendment

Section 1: Artificial entities [that sell shares of themselves and/or their
subsidiaries to the public] shall be accountable to and serve the people in a manner to be determined by the people and/or by the federal, state or local legislatures. No part of the constitution can be used by artificial entities [that sell shares to the public] to argue against such entities' collective and individual accountabilities to the people and
requirements of service to the people. In no event shall an artificial entity [that sells shares to the public] be exempt from disclosing information to the people that is mandated to be disclosed by legislation enacted by the people and/or the federal, state or local legislatures.

Section 2 [Money is not speech and can be regulated]
Federal, State and local government shall regulate, limit, or prohibit contributions and expenditures, including a candidate’s own contributions and expenditures, for the purpose of influencing in any way the election of any candidate for public office or any ballot measure.

Federal, State and local government shall require that any permissible contributions and expenditures be publicly disclosed.
 The judiciary shall not construe the spending of money to influence elections to be speech under the First Amendment.

Section 3
Nothing contained in this amendment shall be construed to abridge the positive freedom of the press, though the freedom to not speak is limited by Section 1 and Section 2.

Happy reading.

Sincerely,

John Thielking