[GPSCC-chat] ENDORSE MOVE TO AMEND RALLY & FORWARD

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 14:18:48 PST 2012

I'm afraid that Drew's dead horse is about to be turned into hamburger. (Besides, there are actually 2 people on this list who have expressed interest in the discussion directly, besides Drew and Spencer.   One by e-mail and one at the GP meeting last time.  When MTA comes up with an e-mail discussion list I will be happy to continue the conversation over there, but I don't see one yet.)   I found this article

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/world/uk-drug-companies-retain-tight-grip-on-medical-profession-162370.html  while reading the Epoch Times yesterday.  It seems that despite the lack of inalienable corporate personhood in the UK, drug companies are doing just fine and they are doing an admirable job (not) of escaping most forms of accountability.  This may be a good reason to have my positive values amendment Section 1 instead of merely taking rights away and replacing them with "softer rights" in the form of statutes.

There was also a piece of good news located here:
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/united-states/nuclear-power-industry-in-weakened-state-168618.htm
I'm not sure if this is just a propoganda piece designed to put us back to sleep on the issue of nuclear power or if it really is a real bit of good news, but apparently the nuke industry is only able to build 10% of the number of new nuclear power plants by 2020 compared to their original goal established in 2002.

I apologize in advance for the long load times for the Epoch Times web pages.  I can never imagine the value of loading up a web page with so many MB of images and CSS or whatever it is that they put there that it runs and loads terribly slowly on most computers. Oh well.

John Thielking