[GPSCC-chat] The struggle for freedom

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 19:53:57 PST 2012

On MLK weekend as we work towards liberating humyns and other animals, the ecosphere and the planet from racism, corporatism and other tyrannical "isms", I'm reminded of this marvelous quote from Frederick Douglass (c. 1817 - 1885) who was such an key leader in the struggle for freedom and human rights for enslaved African Americans:

"Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lighting ; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle.  Power concedes nothing without a demand; it never has and it never will."

Green is NOW!

Drew

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android