[GPSCC-chat] Fw: U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein responding to your message (About PIPA)

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 10:13:07 PST 2012

Good points Cameron,

Half seriously, I'm wondering if I should change the name of my site from Peacemovies.com to Warmovies.com, since that appears to be the state of affairs between Hollywood and it's end users, regardless of how much violence is depicted in each movie.  Sigh.... and here I was thinking that I had picked a relatively hassle free corner of the universe to use to express my activism. Oh well. If my original marketing survey is accurrate, Hollywood will have to reform (produce more nonviolent movies) or face extinction. 90% of the people would be happy watching a nonviolent movie, but only 50% are satisfied with a typical violent movie. Though there is the caveat that some of the people who specifically want to watch a violent movie end up watching the same movie 10 times.  The newsletter vol 1 no 1 is at the Peace Center already by the way.

John Thielking