[GPSCC-chat] Report & upcoming events... World Premieres of 9/11 Experts Speak Out this week!

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Mon Jul 9 09:46:25 PDT 2012

  Dear fellow activists,

I just returned from Philadelphia and the
Continental Congress 2.0 & the National Occupy
Gathering; I was hosted by Hilary Kane, who is
organizing the Green Party Convention. I wrote
something up and posted it at
-
<http://communitycurrency.org/node/329>http://communitycurrency.org/node/329
, but I have had my hands full with the next
onslaught of events, including having to go to
court this Thursday, as result of our Occupy
Lockheed Martin Action (luckily we have a couple
of pro-bono lawyers now, helping us). I have to
work on press, and table at the upcoming
premieres, plus there are a number of other
events happening this month and in August. If
anyone wants to help or carpool, let me know.  Carol 650-857-0927

Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth's Founder
Richard Gage, AIA concludes his 30 city World
Premiere Tour in Alameda Monday and San Francisco
on Wednesday with special guests-  High-Rise
Architect Leslie Young,  High-Rise Architect
Robert McCoy, Structural Engineer Kamal Obeid, and Civil Engineer Roland Angle.

1) 9/11: Explosive Evidence – Experts Speak Out
with Richard Gage, AIA, Monday, 9 July 2012 -
7:00 pm Michaan's Auctions Theater, 2700 Saratoga Street, Alameda, CA
2) Listening for a Change - On the Eleventh of
Every Month, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 - 11:00 am -
1:00 pm, Lytton Plaza, University & Emerson, Downtown Palo Alto
3) San Francisco 9/11 Truth Action, Wednesday, 11
July 2012 - 11:00 am, Hallidie Plaza (Powell and Market), San Francisco
4) 9/11 Explosive Evidence - Experts Speak Out
with Richard Gage, AIA, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 -
7:00 pm, The Victoria Theater, 2961 16th St., San Francisco
5) Occupy Bohemian Grove - Creation of Care,
Saturday, 14 July 2012 - 12:00 noon - 4:00 pm,
Monte Rio Amphitheater, 9925 Main St, Monte Rio
6) Sacramento 9/11 Truth Meeting, Monday, July 16, 2012 - 6:00 pm,
7) Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance
Meeting, Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 7:00pm, BFUU,
Fireside Room, 1924 Cedar Street (at Bonita Avenue), Berkeley
8) The 15th Annual Petaluma Progressive Festival,
Sunday, 22 July 2012 - 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm,  Walnut Park, downtown Petaluma, CA
9) Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance
Meeting, Thursday, 2 August 2012 - 7:00 pm, BFUU,
Fireside Room, 1924 Cedar Street (at Bonita Avenue), Berkeley
10) Foreclose on the Bomb, Not the People,Sunday,
5 August 2012 - 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Wm. Payne Park, Livermore

Please send additional events to Carol,
cbrouillet at igc.org for postings on our calendar
of events at http://www.communitycurrency.org and
<http://sf911truth.org/?page_id=19>http://sf911truth.org/?page_id=19

1)  9/11: Explosive Evidence – Experts Speak Out with Richard Gage, AIA,
Monday, 9 July 2012 - 7:00pm
  Michaan's Auctions Theater, 2700 Saratoga Street, Alameda, CA
Alameda Premiere of 9/11: Explosive Evidence –
Experts Speak Out with Richard Gage, AIA, Founder
of Architects and Engineer's for 9/11 Truth and
special guests-  High-Rise Architect Leslie
Young,  High-Rise Architect Robert McCoy,
Structural Engineer Kamal Obeid, and Civil Engineer Roland Angle

EXPERT GROUP REJECTS WORLD TRADE CENTER REPORTS
ENGINEERS POINT TO EVIDENCE OF SCIENTIFIC FRAUD
CALL FOR INDEPENDENT 9/11 INVESTIGATION
Documentary World Premiere — FINAL EDITION
“9/11: Explosive Evidence – Experts Speak Out”

If you thought that the fires at the World Trade
Center twin towers, set off by the horrific
jetliner impacts of September 11, 2001, were the
cause of the destruction of those iconic
skyscrapers, you may be mistaken. Experts now
cite evidence showing that high-temperature
incendiaries and explosives were planted
throughout the twin towers and the lesser-known
47-story Building 7, also destroyed later the same day.
So says a group of architects and engineers
nearly 1700 strong, represented by Richard Gage,
AIA, founder of Architects & Engineers For 9/11
Truth (AE911Truth) and the director/producer of a
new documentary. Two years in the making, the
documentary “9/11: Explosive Evidence – Experts
Speak Out – FINAL EDITION ” officially debuted
May 22 in Beverly Hills with a red carpet treatment and press conference.
Famed actor Ed Asner, host and narrator of
AE911Truth's micro-documentary "Architects &
Engineers – Solving the Mystery of WTC 7," joined
Gage at the Beverly Hills kickoff and introduced
the film. Also lending some star power to the
Beverly Hills opening night were veteran
Hollywood actors John Heard and Judd Nelson.
High-rise architect Robert McCoy, one of the
respected building professionals featured in
Experts Speak Out, also attended the opening.
A variety of special guests will appear with Gage
at other premiere locations across the country,
including experts featured in the film, family
members of 9/11 victims, and prominent public
figures who support 9/11 Truth. Mechanical
engineer Tony Szamboti and 9/11 family member Bob
McIlvaine, who made headlines with their
explosive 9/11 interview by Geraldo on Fox News
in 2010, will attend the premiere screening in Philadelphia on June 25.

The film features 43 experts in building
engineering, physics, chemistry, and other
technical fields, plus a half-dozen psychologists
who discussed the denial of the evidence that the
AE911Truth engineers have been seeking to get
attention to since the founding of the nonprofit
organization in 2007. The group's petition,
signed by 14,000 concerned citizens in addition
to the architectural and engineering experts,
calls upon the U.S. Congress to initiate a new independent investigation.

“The official story about the attacks of
September 11 falls apart when you look squarely
at the facts and apply basic scientific
principles to interpret them," says Gage. "After
more than ten years, a high-level investigation
of the evidence is long overdue. Too much is at
stake here to sweep the concerns under the rug.
Family members of 9/11 victims speak to the
viewers of this film. They explain why they are
still not happy with the answers they've been
given by our government. And they are asking you
to join them in looking at what our experts have to say."

Several of the film's experts bear PhD's,
including renowned biologist Lynn Margulis, now
deceased. Margulis was a National Medal of
Science winner who, along with the other experts
in this film, describes unscientific aspects of
the US government's studies of the engineering
failures at the World Trade Center. The complete,
symmetrical failure of WTC 7 was especially
baffling to engineers at the time. According to
experts interviewed in the film, the official
reports by the Federal Emergency Management
Agency (FEMA) and later by the National Institute
of Standards and Technology (NIST) assume their
own conclusions, exclude relevant evidence, and
failed to draw reasonable conclusions from the
evidence that was examined. Dr. Margulis for
instance discusses how the scientific method
should have been applied to the evidence of
high-temperature incendiaries found in the WTC
dust by an international group of scientists.

The documentary is filled with testimony from
experts such as Les Young, one of several
high-rise architects interviewed in the film, who
remarks, “I would not have expected the whole
building to just give in at once. And I thought
it rather odd that they fell almost perfectly –
in very similar ways. It seemed odd that lightning would strike twice.”

The documentary presents interviews with several
psychologists who share their ideas about why the
evidence discussed by the technical experts in
the film has been difficult for many to face, and how to make it easier.
Regarding WTC Building 7, materials engineer
Kathy McGrade says in the film, "The symmetry is the smoking gun."

Structural engineer Ron Brookman notes: "The
destruction of evidence was a criminal act in
itself.... It was already being carted away and
destroyed when the FEMA investigators got there
about a month after September 11."
According to retired physics teacher David
Chandler: "In order for [WTC 7] to be falling
down with zero resistance, it means that the
resistance had to have been removed by something
else.... You can’t have free fall when there’s
support.... If I were a scientist at NIST, I’d be
embarrassed to try to put forward something like
[what they said in their report]. It was clearly a fraudulent argument."
The NIST report on the twin Towers blames their
destruction on office fires ignited by the
jetliner impacts, combined with the removal of
fireproofing insulation, knocked off the steel by
those impacts. The NIST report on WTC 7, which
was not hit by a jetliner, blames fires alone.

The World Premiere of this milestone film kicks
off a 30-city cross-country tour of the United
States, wrapping up in San Francisco in July.

Tickets available at http://expertsspeakout.eventbrite.com/

2) Listening for a Change - On the Eleventh of Every Month
Wednesday, 11 July 2012 - 11:00am - 1:00pm
  Lytton Plaza, University & Emerson, Downtown Palo Alto
 From October 2001 through October 2007 every
week, except when it was raining; I set up
tables, banners, chairs, food, educational
material, and created a space for public dialogue
on key issues. In November 2007 (when my weekly
radio shows began), I began doing this on a
monthly basis, on the 11th of every month, in
solidarity with other activists worldwide (See http://www.truthaction.org.)
We ask the public three questions and write down their responses-
What do you think/feel about the events of
September 11th and the U.S. government's response?
How could we defuse terrorism?"
How could we create a safer/better world for our children and all children?
Sponsored by Women's International League for
Peace and Freedom and Northern California 9-11
Truth Alliance All welcome. For more information
call Carol Brouillet 650-857-0927

3) San Francisco Truth Action
Wednesday, 11 July 2012 - 11:00am
Location:  Hallidie Plaza, Powell and Market Street, San Francisco
Monthly Action in solidarity with activists
worldwide on the 11th of every month. See http://www.truthaction.org
We usually walk about half a block up and stand in front of The Gap store.
http://www.meetup.com/sftruthaction/events/55953192/

4) 9/11 Explosive Evidence - Experts Speak Out
with Richard Gage, AIA and special
guests-  High-Rise Architect Leslie
Young,  High-Rise Architect Robert McCoy,
Structural Engineer Kamal Obeid, and Civil Engineer Roland Angle
Wednesday, 11 July 2012 - 7:00 pm
  The Victoria Theater, 2961 16th St., San Francisco

EXPERT GROUP REJECTS WORLD TRADE CENTER REPORTS
ENGINEERS POINT TO EVIDENCE OF SCIENTIFIC FRAUD
CALL FOR INDEPENDENT 9/11 INVESTIGATION
Wrapping up the 30 City Tour of the Documentary
World Premiere of — FINAL EDITION
[...]

This screening concludes a 30-city cross-country tour of the United States.

Tickets available at http://expertsspeakout.eventbrite.com/

5) Occupy Bohemian Grove - Creation of Care
Saturday, 14 July 2012 - 12:00 noon - 4:00 pm
  Monte Rio Amphitheater, 9925 Main St, Monte Rio, CA
The BOHEMIAN GROVE ACTION NETWORK, a coalition of
Justice, Peace and Environmental groups who have
called attention to this annual “Retreat of the
Elite” held every July in Sonoma County,
California is inviting all to join them in
drawing attention to this annual gathering of the 1%.
They came together in 1980 and many summers since
to expose how the Bohemian Grove gathering, held
every year in seclusion, cements bonds of
camaraderie among a very small elite that extend
to business associations far from the Owl Shrine’s funeral pyre.
For more on the history of Bohemian Grove and
Bohemian Grove Action Network, go to http://www.sonomacountyfreepress.com/.
This year there will be an organizing meeting on
July 7th. People are encouraged to come and stay,
camp to participate in actions, as well as an
educational event on July 14th which will include
many activist groups. Visit the website to see the flyers.
The Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance has
endorsed this event and activities.
http://www.occupybohemiangrove.com

6) Sacramento 9/11 Truth Meeting
Monday, 16 July 2012 - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Location:  Round Table Pizza, 2105 Town Center Plaza, West Sacramento, CA 95691
Sacramento 9/11 Truth meets on the third Monday
of each month. The meetings are open to the public.
The meeting will be held in the private banquet room
Directions: Take the Jefferson Blvd. exit off of
Capital City Freeway (Bus. 80), go south about
two miles to the Lake Washington Blvd.
intersection and the Southport Town Center. Round
Table Pizza is across from the Nugget Market. For a map, see:
https://foursquare.com/v/round-table-pizza/4b32ddf9f964a520451525e3 and/or
http://www.forlocations.com/roundtable-2105_town_center_plaza_f180_west_...
Info: David Kimball (916)372-8433
afreedmind at yahoo.com or truth.priority at gmail.com

7) Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance Meeting
Thursday, 19 July 2012 - 7:00 pm - 10:00
pm,   BFUU, Fireside Room, 1924 Cedar Street (at Bonita Avenue), Berkeley
Third Thursday Meeting.
The room is part of the Berkeley Fellowship of
Unitarian Universalist complex that has held many
outstanding social justice forums. Entrance is on
Bonita, go through the gate up the stairs.
There are many buses (the 15 runs on MLKJr.) and
on Shattuck. Get off near Cedar (Bonita runs
parallel to Shattuck and MLKJr.) It is between
the North Berkeley and Downtown Berkeley BART
Stations- about a 12 to 15 minute flat easy walk from those stations.

8) The 15th Annual Petaluma Progressive Festival
Sunday, 22 July 2012 - 1:00pm - 5:30pm,  Walnut Park, downtown Petaluma, CA
Co-hosted by The Petaluma Progressives and Occupy Petaluma
Featuring the San Francisco Mime Troupe in their
new performance "The Last Election"
The event is produced by the Petaluma
Progressives and is cosponsored by KPFA 94.1 FM
(kpfa.org), the Peace & Justice Center of Sonoma
County, The Bohemian (bohemian.com) and the
Committee for Immigrant Rights
(immigrantrightssonoma.org), Sonoma County
(peaceandjusticesonomaco.org). It takes place at
Walnut Park, Petaluma Blvd South and D Street,
downtown Petaluma. It is free to the public.
Confirmed Speakers:
MEDEA BENJAMIN - co-founder of Code Pink and Global Exchange
CON. LYNN WOOLSEY - retiring co-chair of the Progressive Caucus in Congress.
DAVID COBB - spokesperson for the Move To Amend campaign
C.J. HOLMES - spokesperson for the movement to stop home foreclosures
Also speakers on immigrant rights, the Occupy movement, and more.
The Petaluma Progressives are a local,
grassroots, political education and action group.
In addition to hosting The Progressive Festival
each year, we have held public protests and
vigils, lobbied elected officials, done work in
our local schools, endorsed and worked on
progressive candidates' campaigns, hosted one
night a month at the Friday Night Film series at
the Foundry Wharf, etc. etc. Our monthly meetings
are held the first Tuesday of each month, at 7
pm, downstairs in: Copperfields Books, 140
Kentucky Street, Petaluma. All are welcome.
Website with more details is at - http://www.progressivefestival.org/

9) Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance Meeting
Thursday, 2 August 2012 - 7:00 pm
BFUU, Fireside Room, 1924 Cedar Street (at Bonita Avenue), Berkeley
Our usual first Thursday Meeting.
The room is part of the Berkeley Fellowship of
Unitarian Universalist complex that has held many
outstanding social justice forums. Entrance is on
Bonita, go through the gate up the stairs.
There are many buses (the 15 runs on MLKJr.) and
on Shattuck. Get off near Cedar (Bonita runs
parallel to Shattuck and MLKJr.) It is between
the North Berkeley and Downtown Berkeley BART
Stations- about a 12 to 15 minute flat easy walk from those stations.

10) Foreclose on the Bomb, Not the People
Sunday, 5 August 2012 - 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wm. Payne Park in Livermore, located near I-580
on Vasco Rd. & Patterson Pass Rd., across from
the Livermore nuclear weapons Lab
Note that 4:15 PM local time Sunday is 8:15 AM
August 6 in Hiroshima, the precise time the A-bomb exploded.
Expect great singers, musicians and speakers who
will connect us with Japanese A-bomb survivors
and other radiation victims at the site where the
U.S. is spending billions of taxdollars on new
and modified nuclear weapons. With symbolic art,
speech and nonviolent action, you are invited to
come and “foreclose on the bomb.” This year’s
Hiroshima commemoration will highlight the
economic reality of ever-increasing nuclear weapons spending
while people’s basic needs go unmet.
The commemoration will be held in a grassy area,
under shade trees, with a procession to the Livermore Lab following. Carpools
and a special bus pick-up from the metropolitan
Bay Area are being planned. Check
http://www.trivalleycares.org or call for details.
For more information call (925) 443--7148 --7148.
Sponsored by American Friends Service Committee, Asian
Americans for Peace & Justice, Bay Area United
for Peace & Justice, East Bay Peace Action,
Livermore Conversion Project, Mt. Diablo Peace &
Justice Center, No Nukes Action, Peace Action West, Physicians for Social
Responsibility-Greater SF Bay Area, Tri-Valley
CAREs, Western States Legal Foundation and the
Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance and a
growing list of other organizations.