[GPSCC-chat] Post-Election Summer Activities...

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Sun Jun 10 10:13:53 PDT 2012

Dear friends, colleagues, supporters, activists,

Many thanks to all who pitched in and helped with my Congressional
Campaign, we learned a lot and I'm glad we did it. I hope what we did
will make it easier to mobilize people into a stronger political
force in the future.  There are plenty of campaigns, efforts that
need support.  I generally want to do "everything," but the
Congressional Campaign forced me to be more focused and let go of
trying to do "way more than I could..."  Now I'm obliged to choose
again where to put my time, energy, resources and that is not an easy
task.  I do have certain responsibilities (like fetching the signs in
from where they were deployed in transit corridors) and showing up in
court (to avoid additional jail time and hefty fines) and I did sign
up to be a delegate to the Continental Congress 2.0
(<http://www.the99declaration.org/>http://www.the99declaration.org/ )
taking place in Philadelphia, alongside another national gathering
for the Occupy Movement
(<http://www.occupynationalgathering.com/>http://www.occupynationalgathering.com/
) during the first week of July.  I'm also committed to helping with
the premiere of the new 9/11 Explosive Evidence- Experts Speak Out
(See http://www.ae911truth.org ) in July, as well as a June 23rd
premiere of a documentary, A Noble Lie, Oklahmoa City 1995, about the
Oklahoma City Bombing on in Berkeley
(<http://www.bfuu.org/events>http://www.bfuu.org/events ).

Of course, with my three sons at home now, there are other demands
upon me, such as making blueberry waffles this Sunday, giving them
time and attention this summer. (Now that the youngest is in college,
it is rare to
  have  them all home at the same time.  I also want to visit my mom,
who is getting on in years.

There are also events coming up to push for Single Payer Healthcare,
a local resolution to support a 28th Amendment to abolish corporate
personhood, the annual monetary reform conference, efforts to rein in
the growing police state, efforts to shut down nuclear power in
California, efforts to prevent an impending war with Syria and Iran.

Today, though, I will just work on waffles, collecting yard signs
(I'm going to clean off the ones that I find and store them for
possible reuse in 2014), writing thank-you letters, catching up with
the unending pile of tasks at hand.  If you have one or more yard
signs that you would like me to pick up- please let me know (and give
me your address).  If you would like to accompany me on the yard sign
hunt, let me know (I'll be passing by Castle Rock, so an opportunity
for a hike is also a tempting possibility. (If you want waffles & to
help with yard signs/hike - aim to be at my home at 11:30 am...)

Carol Brouillet, cbrouillet at igc.org
650-857-0927