[GPSCC-chat] Film Screening - A Noble Lie - Oklahoma City 1995

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Wed Jun 20 19:59:50 PDT 2012

If anyone wants to carpool to this, I will be
tabling at the event for the NC9/11TA. Carol 650-857-0927

<http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/06/20/18715882.php>http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/06/20/18715882.php

Film Review - A Noble Lie Oklahoma City 1995
by Carol Brouillet ( <mailto:cbrouillet at igc.org>cbrouillet [at] igc.org )
Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 4:55 PM
Review of a new, comprehensive documentary about
the Oklahoma City bombing which will be screened
Saturday, May 23, 2012 at 7pm at the BFUU
Fellowship Hall (Cedar and Bonita) by the BFUU
Social Justice Committee, co-sponsored by the
Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance.

anoblelie.jpg

anoblelie.jpg

Director James Lane, Free Mind Films, December 2011, 2 hours

The title of the film comes from Plato’s Republic
¬ “A myth or untruth knowingly told by the elite
to maintain social harmony, or the social position of the elite.”

There was a huge disparity between the national
story of the Oklahoma City bombing of the Alfred
P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995, and
what the local news and local people witnessed on
the day it happened. The orchestrated cover-up
failed to discourage all those who had lost
friends and family or realized that something was
seriously amiss with the official story. For
years people have devoted countless hours, time
and resources to interview witnesses, track down
evidence, and discover the truth about this
tragedy. An
<http://www.okcbombing.net/>Oklahoma<http://www.okcbombing.net/>
City Bombing Investigation Committee was formed
that included Oklahoma State Representative
Charles Key, who was a driving force behind
empowering a citizen grand jury to investigate
the bombing, to look into areas that the
government had ignored. While the official
narrative focused on Timothy McVeigh, it
neglected the testimony of witnesses who saw
McVeigh in the company of Middle Eastern men and
Andy Strassmeier, a German citizen and “former”
intelligence officer who lived in Elohim City.

Many adults as well as children were killed in
the bombing, which made it the largest terrorist
attack on American civilians up until 9/11/2001.
Subsequent to the bombing there were two brutal
murders carried out, one of a policeman who was a
first responder to the crime scene and another of
a man who bore a strong resemblance to one of the
suspects in the bombing. The film reveals more
mysteries than it solves. For example, it
demonstrates that it would be impossible for a
truck bomb alone to cause all the structural
damage and the partial collapse of the building
that caused most of the casualties. The
suppressed evidence of foreknowledge by the
authorities is also exposed. Precisely what role
the various suspects, actors, and prosecutors
played, however, is not clear. On the contrary,
the bombing as a whole is shown to be complex,
messy and tied into past events, such as Waco and
Ruby Ridge, as well as into subsequent events
such as the World Trade Center attacks that took
place on September 11, 2001, just weeks after
Charles Key published his book
<http://www.okcbombing.net/books%26videos.htm>Final
Report on the Bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Building.

The documentary includes
<http://www.infowars.com/>Alex Jones, warning
that if we don’t learn the truth about what
happened at Oklahoma City, then history is likely
to repeat itself until people realize who is
responsible for these crimes and how the events
are being used to construct an increasingly
oppressive police/surveillance state.

I vaguely remember feeling uncomfortable and wary
of the accounts I heard about Waco and Oklahoma
City when they happened, and how I was concerned
about the Omnibus Counterterrorism Act of 1995
that granted the federal government greater
powers in jurisdiction over “acts of
international terrorism.” However, I was too busy
to spend much time investigating those events. In
the wake of 9/11, however, I received some videos
about Oklahoma City and recognized disturbing parallels between both attacks.

I spent years questioning the
“<http://www.communitycurrency.org/9-11.html>War
on Terrorism” and in particular the official
narrative of 9/11, often without any interest by
the media in the issue. When I finally got the
attention of an editor at the San Francisco Bay
Guardian who decided to do a
<http://www.sfbg.com/39/25/cover_conspiracy.html>cover
story on the topic, I gave him the best research
I could find, including numerous books, articles,
and documentaries. As I was discussing with him
the historic parallels to 9/11, however, I
noticed his eyes clouding over in horror when I
mentioned Oklahoma City as one of my examples. I
suddenly realized that he had never heard a word
challenging the official account of the Oklahoma
City bombing, having only been exposed to the
oft-repeated national myth. I had to drop the
historical context aspect of my presentation to
avoid overwhelming him with more information than he could process.

My heart goes out to the victims who were killed
and maimed in Texas, Oklahoma City, New York,
Washington DC, and those killed subsequently in
Afghanistan, Iraq, Bali, Spain, and London
 Many
have died, including truth seekers, including
some of my friends. These are perilous times,
when we are called upon to stand up for what we
believe. Many of us feel that if we can learn the
truth, and expose the truth, we will be able to
prevent future acts of terrorism, future wars,
and redirect humanity from the path of endless
war towards a more peaceful, life-honoring
future. Clearly that is the intent of the
documentary “<http://www.anoblelie.com/>A Noble
Lie ¬ Oklahoma City 1995.” This excellent film is
a gift to all of us to help us better understand
how we have been deceived, and to prod us into
continuing to educate ourselves and to join
together to take action to prevent history from repeating itself, yet again.
<http://www.anoblelie.com/>http://www.anoblelie.com/