[GPSCC-chat] Why Conservatives Win?

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.us
Sun Jun 24 15:19:26 PDT 2012

Describing research with George Lakoff:
"It was a telling experience that we were unable to break through the
professional divisions of pollsters, bloggers, public intellectuals,
elected officials, and all of the other categories that routinely divide
us.  We also repeatedly found that each issue group clung to its own
ground, unwilling to share power with those progressives who were
motivated by something other than their pet cause.  And worst of all, we
observed how a small cohort of elite players would sabotage
up-and-coming progressive talent in order to preserve the fiefdoms they
had built."

We should listen to scientists.