[GPSCC-chat] Why Conservatives Win?

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 16:09:56 PDT 2012

7.  They control the national mythos.  Almost universally, the heroes in movies and TV
are warrior heroes--male or female, soldiers or detectives or explorers--all in alignment
with the rugged individualist and the defense of the establishment.  Progressive
heroes are all women: Mother Theresas and Aung San Suu Kyis, nurturing through
self-sacrifice and self-abnegation, and that feminine energy makes for lousy drama.
There's no place in the national mythos for a male progressive hero.