[GPSCC-chat] [SC-SM] Notice of Intention to Resign from the GPCA Coordinating Committee

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Tue Jun 26 18:40:48 PDT 2012

Since I now appear to be the official representative of the Green Party in the
Single Payer Coalition, I frequently find myself  the only non-democrat in the
room--what I call the "lonely little petunia" syndrome. Everybody there is
working toward the same goal. But I am not one of "them". When I identify myself
as a member of the Green Party during the intros, I get some "I didn't know we
allowed aliens in here" looks. But I don't care. Single Payer is a Green thing,
and these are hundreds of people working to bring it about. They are also going
out to minority communities, and I can go along, and I can be Green. We don't
seem to be doing much of that, although we should be. If I can work with
democrats, I can work with weird Greens, if necessary, to help accomplish Green
things. I don't have to be like them to work with them.
Caroline