[GPSCC-chat] Meeting Minutes June 2012

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Jun 28 22:10:26 PDT 2012

Please post additions or corrections to this list.  Thanks.

Rita Torres, Spartan Keyes neighborhood (readerita at hotmail.com)

> Selection of Facilitator:  Warner

> Notetaker, Spencer

> Timekeeper, John Theilking

> Vibeswatcher, Carol Brouillet

> Agenda Preparer for next time:  Drew
>

> Introductions and announcements 10 min

Warner Bloomberg

Jim Doyle:  Project Votesmart

Drew Johnson:  SFBACE.org Bay area community exchange -- barter

Merriam Kathleen.

Brian Good:  Move to Amend & CA Disclose Act

Gerry Gras:  Jill Stein is close to getting on ballots in many states.
Also with MTA

Fred Duperrault

Caroline Yacoub

Spencer Graves

John Thielking

Jules Brouillet

Carol Brouillet:  Going to Philadelphia

Tian Harter:  Going to the Green Party National Convention.

Bela Gallo:  Concerned about the past election.  What is the Green party
going to do about the top 2 system?

Cameron Spitzer.

> Treasurer’s report including

       Balance:  $2,469.78.  Operating expenses:  $26/mo = ~$300. Donate
$150 annually to Peace & Justice Center, $40 post office + ... = $540
annually.

> review of operating expenses information only, 2 min
> introduction to FPPC filing forms, information only, 5 min

       If nothing else:  Call the FPPC and ask.  Or go to the Registrar
of Voters, get a copy of the most recent submission, and update it.

       Need to report anyone who donates $100 or more in any given year,
e.g., someone who donates $10 per month.

> pass the hat - 1 min
> proposal: supplemental donation of $100 to the Peace and Justice
> Center, approval, 3 min Accepted.
> proposal: provide a $100 subsidy for travel to the national
> convention, approval, 3 min Accepted for Tian.
>
> outreach plans: survey availability of activists, refer to committee,
> 7 min (Jim Doyle)

       Caroline with the Single Payer Coalition provides outreach
opportunities.

       Carol B. will be tabling at many events.

       Tian:  Has copies of the latest Green party newspaper.  He needs
to deliver it to someone before he leaves town.  Can donate at least one
day / month.

       Merriam, Carol, Warner, and Fred volunteer for a committee on
outreach plans.

> presidential campaign: flyers, funds, outreach - refer to committee, 7
> min -- Drew

> involving young voters: community service programs, refer to
> committee, 7 min --

> (hire a student web site designer as suggested by one of the Santa
> Clara University students):  Need to have a clear proposal, the
> charge, the project description, schedule, with a County Council
> member to supervise, plus maintainability.

Proposed:  The county council is authorized to contract up to $250 for a
web improvement project subject to all the items mentioned above,
especially if we have a proposal that can't wait until the next
meeting.  Approved.

> report on Health Care for All Californians, information, 7 min

Caroline:  Tour in San José next Monday, July 2.

Mi Pueblo market:  A chance for outreach.

Every first Saturday (July 7, etc.):  march 3 miles from Mi Pueblo to
City Hall.

Who would like to make signs, etc.?

> feedback on our major grievances to take to the constitutional
> convention 2.0 7 minnutes

> The current list (of 100) is at http://tinyurl.com/8xav7t9
>
> fundraising for candidates -vis-a-vis the top two primary requirements
> refer to committee, 5 min

> BANK ACTION hand out move your money flyers request volunteers 7 min
> time date and place tbd

       Free concert Saturday evening organized by Move to Amend??? ~6-8,
Sat. 30 June:  MId-peninsula ...?/

      Tian + maybe Fred;  Occupy Redwood City is working Foreclosures.

> Status report on Foreclosure Summit 3 min
>
> Approval of a proposed foreclosure trifold 7 min

       Drew's church holds ~100 people.  Drew will volunteer.

> Request for help with said trifold 3 min
>
> Regional rep situation: nominations for a replacement 3 min + 5 minutes.

       Duties:  monthly telephone conference + many emails + active on
the state coordinating committee.

> Regional rep situation: pros and cons and alternatives 14 min

       The restructuring experiment seems to have worked in getting more
people active.  However, some members of the coordinating committee want
to do away with all of the regional reps.  At this point, Marnie's
contract will likely not be renewed.

       A "standing general assembly" has been a proposal for many
years.  Michael Feinstein is pushing this and other changes.  The
Coordinating Committee by a vote of 10 to 1 with 1 abstention created a
"standing general assembly" in violation of the Green Party bylaws.  8
people were missing.

       Sanda Everett proposed we establish a structure for this.
Feinstein considered this NOT a friendly amendment.  Then Sanda voted
for Michael's proposal.

       Warner will write more on this, which people will be free to
distribute as they see fit.

> Peacemovies.com newsletter profit sharing info / approval 7 min

       This should go through the Clearinghouse at the state Green party
web site to get it listed by the state party.  Could be downloaded with
a recommended contribution.

       Proposal referred to the County Council.

* What does the Green party plan to do about Prop 14 and the Top 2 system?

       This will be a lead item on the agenda for the next meeting (10
minutes);  Bela.

Iran & Syria:  What should we do about it?  (John Thielking) -- 2
minutes now, then a lead item on the next agenda.

       Sarah Amir (sp) in Los Angeles is from Iran:

       Can we form a committee to plan actions including contingency
plans?  There are may Iranian-Americans who are Greens.