[GPSCC-chat] The Audacity of War Crimes

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Thu May 3 07:48:49 PDT 2012

   Probably Obama's most important historical legacy will be the fact that by failing to
investigate and prosecute the constitutional assaults and international crimes perpetrated
by the "Mad Cowboy" Bush, he acted by precedent to permanently place these usurped
powers in the presidential toolbox.

   I was not aware that our brothers and sisters at Veterans for Peace had voted in a
resolution last August calling for Obama's impeachment for war crimes:

"for failure to uphold his sworn oath to protect and defend the
Constitution of the United
States of America from all enemies foreign
and domestic, and for his commission of war
crimes, crimes against
humanity, obstruction of justice and the violation of numerous
national
and international laws, treaties and conventions.”

http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2011/09/13/vets-for-peace-calls-for-impeachment-of-obama-for-war-crimes/

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Turley_Obama_accessory_to_war_crimes_0127.html

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/3/18/daniel_ellsberg_joins_peace_activists_risking

http://www.salon.com/2011/03/21/ralph_nader_obama_impeachment/

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/05/02/the-constitutional-crimes-of-barack-obama/

http://jonathanturley.org/2010/12/02/wikileaks-obama-administration-secretly-worked-to-prevent-prosecution-of-war-crimes-by-the-bush-administration/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-turley/constitutional-rights_b_1213234.html

The liberals' pleasure in enabling a black president has blinded them, and the argument that

political reality dictates Obama's inability to prosecute the Bush regime--because it would incite an

armed redneck rebellion--is so effective that it needn't even be stated.

I do not subscribe to grand theories that the Illuminati or Outer-Space Reptiles or the Bohemian
Grovers secretly run the world, but I do notice that if some secret cabal wanted to formally by
precedent augment the power and authority of the chief executive to permit throwing people in
the dungeon, wiretapping, unbridled military aggression, torture, and arbitrary secrecy, they would
choose a black president to fulfill their agenda.

Obama appears in Redwood City May 23.  https://my.barackobama.com/May23RedwoodCityReception?custom1=4966739

I will be there with a big sign that says

 THE AUDACITY OF
WAR CRIMES