[GPSCC-chat] Condi Rice in San Jose Thursday May 3

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Sat May 5 03:56:51 PDT 2012

Condi spoke at the California Theater on 1st Street at 1 pm, followed by Jerry Brown at
3 and Bill Clinton at 5.

When I got there at 12:15 there was already a long line of suits to sign in.  I set up on
the sidewalk with two big signs--one depicting Condi as a playing card, the Queen of Skulls,
and the other complaining that she had lied under oath to the 9/11 widows.

The California Theater has a big alcove in front with a tile floor and the acoustics were
excellent as I lectured the suits about the fact that Condi sat in the Principals Committee
that approved torture policies in Spring 2002, several months before John Yoo wrote a
bogus fig leaf to try to cover them.  I lectured them about the fact that as National
Security Adviser Condi was responsible to prevent 9/11, that there had been warnings
from 13 foreign countries and 4 FBI offices and the CIA, that a month before 9/11 she
got a CIA memo entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US", and she did nothing.

And then she lied about this memo in her sworn testimony to the 9/11 Commission,
lying to the faces of the 9/11 widows:  Condi claimed the memo was an historical
review and not a warning, but in fact the memo warns of preparations for hijackings
and planned attacks inside the USA.

My sign referenced this short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcrgeuLb3dQ&list=UUCU5Ac7Vd7cqPk074nnKSTw&index=9&feature=plcp

When the line had been processed and people were coming in in dribs and drabs, I was
able with the excellent acoustics to embed myself in their auditory memory:

Why are you honoring a torturer?

Do you want to share in her crimes?

We used to put torturers in jail and now we put them on stage.

I was dressed nicely in wingtips and slacks and a crisp shirt, nobody challenged me
(OK, one guy questioned "1 million died" but I referred him to the ORB study),
I was very careful not to block the sidewalk, and the dozen-or-so police officers
made clear that their function was to keep the peace and protect my rights.

One woman resembling Hillary Clinton and another resembling Condi kind of
sauntered around but hey, in an event like this you expect imitators.  I eschewed
the opportunity to make myself look like a lunatic