[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: It's time to STOP Predatory Payday Lenders and RAISE the Minimum Wage!

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun May 6 09:37:59 PDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	It's time to STOP Predatory Payday Lenders and RAISE the
Minimum Wage!
Date: 	Sun, 6 May 2012 10:24:54 -0500
From: 	David Sharples <dsharples at calorganize.org>
To: 	David Sharples <dsharples at calorganize.org>

Friends,

It's time to STOP Predatory Payday Lenders and RAISE the Minimum Wage! There are two important city council meetings coming up. Please join us and make your voice heard!

1. Turnout to the San Jose City Council meeting to support passage of an ordinance which would limit the ability of Pay Day Lenders to open new outlets in San Jose! If you are concerned about the proliferation of predatory payday lenders in San Jose and the harm that they are doing to our communities then come out and make your voice heard.

When: Tuesday, May 15th at 7pm

Where: San Jose City Hall, City Council Chambers, 200 East Santa Clara Street, San José, California

What: City Council meeting

2. Turnout to the San Jose City Council meeting to support raising the minimum wage in our city. If passed into law, the minimum wage in San Jose would increase from $8 an hour to $10 an hour, allowing thousands of low wage workers a better opportunity to support themselves and their families. When those low wage workers have more money to spend, the entire local economy will benefit.

When: Tuesday, May 22nd at 2pm