[GPSCC-chat] Fighting Foreclosures 3 Ways

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Fri May 25 18:10:01 PDT 2012

HI, Mike, Carol, Fred, et al.:

On 5/25/2012 2:30 PM, fred Duperrault wrote:
> Mike, your letter (WHERE ARE LOCAL BANKS INVESTING)  in this week's
> (May 25) issue of the MVVoice is tops.

MIKE, FRED:  Where is the link?  My simple search failed to identify it.

> For the interest of the GPSCC group here's a short quote - the last
> paragraph:  "And we should ask our banks about their foreclosure and
> mortgage policies
> for our city's residents.   And it would be informative to know if
> they are conforming to the Community Reinvestment Act
> and reinvesting local deposits locally."  Michael  Fischetti M.D.,
> View St., M.V.

CAROL, MIKE, FRED:

       I'm currently working on a discussion of "Fighting Foreclosures 3
Ways" (http://occupy.pbworks.com/w/page/54013671/fight%203%20ways):  (1)
Financial counseling and frugality.  (2) Legal support, and (3) Changes
in law and administration.  This discussion includes one link in each of
these areas to web sited that provide tools to help distressed
homeowners become more effective in fighting this issue.

       At the Santa Clara Green party meeting last night, I provided an
early version of this web site.  I plan to discuss it further at your
election party, June 5.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

--