[GPSCC-chat] Hearing tomorrow, Friday, Nov. 9, 9:30 AM, San Francisco 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in Merritt v Countrywide

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Nov 8 12:23:16 PST 2012

Hello, All:

	  Oral arguments are scheduled tomorrow morning, Friday, November 9,
9:30 AM, in the federal case of Merritt v Countrywide. The hearing is
scheduled for courtroom 1, 95 Seventh Street, San Francisco, CA. Merritt
v Countrywide is the 4th of 6 cases scheduled to be heard in this
session.  Each side gets 10 minutes in the first three cases and 15
minutes in the last 3.  Thus, if everything runs exactly on this
schedule with no other business, the Merritt v Countrywide arguments
will be heard 10:30 - 11 AM. However, any or all of the first 3 cases
might have been removed from this schedule or other activity could
consume more than just the time allowed for oral arguments.

	  In 2006, newlyweds David and Salma Merritt were tricked into a
predatory loan by Countrywide Home Loans.    The procedures used by
Countrywide to obtain the Merritts' signatures "appeared systemic",
according to Eileen Foster, Senior VP for Fraud Risk Management at
Countrywide in 2008, interviewed on 60 Minutes, Dec. 4, 2011.  Most of
Countrywide's victims have meekly accepted the loss of their life
savings and the confiscation of their homes through foreclosure
procedures of questionable legality.  David Merritt is different. He's
not an attorney.  However, he has worked enough with attorneys that he
has been able to represent himself ("pro se" or "pro per") without being
completely outclassed by attorneys for Bank of America, the parent
company of Countrywide, and other major banks named as defendants in
various filings by the Merritts.  For more information, see "Merritt v
Countrywide" at occupy.pbworks.com.

	  If anyone would like to carpool, please let me know.  I plan to
drive, leaving my home in San José at around 7 AM to collect one other
person before starting towards San Francisco probably on I-280.  This is
rush hour, and we should probably plan to arrive in the courthouse by
9:10 AM or so to allow time to clear security and find the courtroom on
the third floor before the hearing begins at 9:30.

       Spencer

M:  408-655-4567

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD