[GPSCC-chat] FW: [ORWC] ALL OUT to Tuesday Townhall in East Palo Alto!

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 00:19:39 PST 2012

James Lee has been working his heart out and I hope North County Greens can show up
for this meeting.

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 00:02:30 -0800
Subject: [ORWC] ALL OUT to Tuesday Townhall in East Palo Alto!
From: jamesleerwc at gmail.com
To: hobredo at gmail.com

Good evening Occupiers,

It looks like all the furor directed at outgoing county Supervisor Rose Jacobs Gibson (from her constituents who disagree with her support for a new jail) is causing her to do some major damage control. :) She hosted a "job fair for formerly incarcerated county residents" last week, and on Tuesday evening she will be hosting an "informational town hall" about the new jail in her home town of East Palo Alto. Let's attend it and make sure she hears our opposition to the new jail!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 (that's TODAY, depending on when you read this!)
5 PM - 6:30 PM  East Palo Alto City Hall, Council Chambers2415 University Avenue, East Palo Alto

Hear about: - Public Safety Realignment developments
- Services and programs for post-release community supervision individuals
- Employment initiatives for formerly incarcerated residents- The status of jail overcrowding
- New and innovative programs being considered for the new correctional facility

Let's go and attend! I will be there a few minutes late but no later than 5:15. :)

E-mail me back if you can come! If enough people confirm attendance I will alert media. :)