[GPSCC-chat] Sally Lieber

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Oct 1 18:46:00 PDT 2012

Hi, Warner, et al.:

       I think Warner's position takes this off the table -- unless
someone from her campaign comes to address our monthly meeting, Nov. 27.

       Longer term, the Green Party would benefit from working with (a)
the Peace & Freedom party and (b) MoveOn to develop a common slate of
candidates:  I would not expect MoveOn to buy into that, but they
might.  If MoveOn is, say, 10 times our size, and we could get them to
endorse one of our candidates in exchange for us endorsing 10 of theirs,
I think that would benefit both groups.

       After this election, I think we should develop a plan for the
next 2 years to increase the number of Greens and coalition partners
running for low level offices like school board or water district.  That
could give us more visibility, help us attract more members, and reverse
the decline in numbers of registered Greens we've seen over the past few
years.

       Spencer

On 10/1/2012 6:24 PM, WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:
> IMO:  No.  This is a general meeting issue. Also, the process should
> start with Sally Lieber requesting our endorsement and attending a
> general meeting (or at least sending a rep).  Also, there should also
> be at least one person putting the item on the agenda (e.g., how Rob
> Means was endorsed).  As a general rule, I am personnally
> unenthusiastic about endorsing Democratic Party candidates. Isn't this
> one of those general election races where the "choice" is between two
> Democrats?  How did Jerry Hill and Sally Lieber vote on the "top two"
> legislation and the bill that resulted in eliminsation of write-in
> voting?  Warner
> In a message dated 9/29/2012 3:10:19 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> spencer.graves at prodsyse.com writes:
>
>       Can we do that on a vote of the County Council?

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.
San José, CA 95126