[GPSCC-chat] Occupy San José anniversary, this weekend, Saturday & Sunday, Oct. 6-7, noon to noon

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Oct 4 18:46:20 PDT 2012

Hello, All:

       Occupy San José is planning a first anniversary celebration this
weekend.  Please distribute the info to anyone you know who might be
interested, and come by any time convenient for you.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

p.s.  We've so far been unable to get a permit from the City. Sorry, the
First Amendment is only words on paper.  In the most brutal, repressive
dictatorship on earth, people have the right to say what they want and
peaceably assemble and petition for a redress of grievances as long as
their speech and assembly pleases the authorities.  The American Civil
Liberties Union (ACLU) says that free speech means nothing unless it's
freedom to say unpopular things.  We do not plan to challenge the
police, some of whom have lost their homes to foreclosure.  Still, if
you come, you might be ready to take pictures at any time.