[GPSCC-chat] GMO Labeling Prop Battle is heating up

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 13 21:12:09 PDT 2012

I support the "Yes on 37" campaign to label GMOs.

Apparently the battle is getting hot.

Here's a perspective of the battle from the "Yes on 37" campaign:
"Fighting For Prop 37: The Truth that $36 Million Can’t Hide"

NOTE: This sounds typical to me.  I have seen it time
and time again that big corporations will spend lots
of money to defeat a prop.  Doesn't always work, but
often it does.

Here's an article from Michael Pollan:
"Why California’s Proposition 37 Should Matter to Anyone Who Cares About
Food"
"On November 6, Vote for the Dinner Party"

It's about
- the national importance of Prop 37
- consumers don't trust producers
- producers don't trust consumers
- the power of Big Food
- consumer movement vs. political movement
- possible court battle if it passes
- Obama does not see a food movement
and more

Gerry