[GPSCC-chat] Final Version: Proposed Flier For Yes on 37 and possible movie showing.

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 08:50:47 PDT 2012

Final final version.  See below:

Why You Should Vote Yes On Prop 37

Watch the video “Genetic Roulette ----- The Gamble Of Our Lives”
This video says it all. Take 1.5 hours out of your day to watch it. It was well worth my time. Industry funded studies show no problems with GMOs but independent studies and anecdotes from farmers often do show problems. My pet peeve is that the standard diet for lab rats (and many farm animals) contains about 1% calcium. This is much more calcium than a human would ever ingest (5000-10000 mg per day equivalent which would poison a human). My theory is that the organophosphates and other bad stuff in GMO feed is detoxified by the excess calcium so of course the industry studies won't show the animals getting sick. It is those little noticed oddball studies that don't use the standard industry procedures and the individual farmers who are unknowingly giving their animals mineral deficiencies (among other things) when feeding their animals GMO feed that result in animals getting sick from GMOs. Watch the video “Genetic Roulette” at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnlTYFKBg18&feature=youtu.be or http://geneticroulettemovie.com/

To order a DVD copy of the video go to www.responsibletechnology.org .

To find local grocers in your area that sell products with the GMO free label called “Non GMO Project Verified”, go to www.nongmoproject.org. Whole Foods is one of these stores. They have more products with this label on their shelves than are listed on the web site. Also check out www.nogmoshoppingguide.com.

There will be a public showing of the movie “Genetic Roulette” followed by a discussion, and possibly a presentation from the Yes on 37 campaign. The web site for the Yes on 37 campaign is: http://www.carighttoknow.org/.

Genetic Roulette --- The Gamble Of Our Lives
Friday, November 2, 2012, 6PM to 10PM
San Jose Peace Center, 48 South 7th Street, San Jose, CA
This event is co-sponsored by the Santa Clara County Green Party.
Flier by John Thielking, www.peacemovies.com. Labor and printing donated.