[GPSCC-chat] Fascist policies/presidential debates

Dana St. George danasg at greens.org
Tue Oct 16 21:10:58 PDT 2012

To Whom It May Concern,

	I was deeply dismayed to hear that officials of Hofstra University colluded with the
Republican/Democrat political machine to deny admission of Green Party presidential
candidate Jill Stein and vice-presidential candidate Sherri Honkala to the debate.
	And although there is a shameful history of denying access to debates of such notable
public figures as Ralph Nader, when he was the Green Party presidential candidate, and the
arrest and removal of Laura Wells, Green Party of California candidate for Governor, it is
really sickening to see a living wall of huge, muscular policemen intimidating these two
small women.  I wish women all over America could see the video of this event that I just
watched on YouTube, done by the Long Island Report and posted internationally.  The Long
Island Report is a multimedia effort put out by your own students at Hofstra.
	Dr. Stein protested that they were being denied their First Amendment rights to freedom
of speech and freedom of assembly.  Their protests were completely ignored and they were
led away and arrested.
	When officials of a large university allow these practices to occur on university
property, and do not protect the rights of all persons, this is an ugly blot on our
country, which quite frankly, does not need any more ugly blots.  Shame on you, whoever
you are, and I hope someday you will sincerely regret your restrictive, unconstitutional
actions.

Dana Marie St. George
278 Campesino Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94306